Zonta International Mission & Vision:
Zonta International, its districts and its clubs are nonsectarian and nonpartisan.
In addition to the millions of dollars that Zonta International donates to International service projects and educational programs, Zontians commit hundreds of service hours and thousands of dollars to a wide-range of women-focused community service projects such as:
- Supporting shelters for survivors of domestic violence;
- Establishing micro-credit programs to help women start small businesses;
- Empowering girls through educational assistance;
- Informing and encouraging women facing cultural and linguistic barriers about the early detection, diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer.
- Sponsoring Z Clubs and Golden Z Clubs for high school, college and university students.
- To improve the legal, political, economic, educational, health and professional status of women at the global and local level through service and advocacy;
- To work for the advancement of understanding, goodwill and peace through a world fellowship of members;
- To promote justice and universal respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms; and
- To be united internationally to foster high ethical standards, to implement service programs, and to provide mutual support and fellowship for members who serve their communities, their nations and the world.
“In such a world, no woman lives in fear of violence.”
Today, in Asia, District 17 serves as the operating arm of Zonta International.
District 17 comprises of clubs in Hong Kong, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore and Thailand under the leadership of a District 17 Governor and the District 17 Board.