Zonta membership provides the opportunity to:
- Work together, through service and advocacy, towards common goals, i.e., the objects of Zonta.
- Develop friendships and network locally, nationally and internationally with experienced, involved professionals working in many different fields, who seek to help women reach their potential.
- Experience the warmth of international fellowship. Members are welcomed at Zonta clubs worldwide.
- Develop leadership skills and promote personal growth and self-confidence by participating actively in committees and accepting leadership roles on boards in a friendly, supportive atmosphere.
The responsibilities of a club member are to:
- Pay all dues, fees and assessments promptly. Annual dues of a club member shall be established by the club to include Zonta International, district, area (if applicable) and club requirements.
- Participate in club service and fundraising activities.
- Attend club and relevant committee meeetings. At the option of the club, leave of absence may be granted to a member upon approval of the club board. Payment of Zonta International and district dues shall be required.
- Payment of club dues shall be left to the decision of the club.
- Be familiar with the club by-laws and parliamentary procedure.
- Participate actively in meetings and deliberations and accept majority decisions.
- Give time, talent and enthusiasm to the organization.
- Identify and suggest prospective new members.
- Attend area meetings/workshops, district conferences and international conventions, if possible.
- Financially support the programs funded through the Zonta International Foundation.
- Keep informed about Zonta International and its activities through the Zontian, monthly e-newsletter, social media tools and/or the Zonta International website (www.zonta.org).
- Members are encouraged to accept leadership roles, if possible.